Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Little Pony: Friends Forever this January

Everyone knows beloved Twilight Sparkle and her best friends, but have you ever wanted to know what the other ponies in Equestria are up to?  Starting in January you will get a chance with the new ongoing comic series My Little Pony: Friends Forever.  This collection, based on the animated hit series, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, airing on the Hub Network, will be made up of one-shot stories that focus on different pairs of ponies getting into various hijinx and will feature a mix of new creators as well as old favorites.

“Every MY LITTLE PONY fan has a personal favorite character,” says editor Bobby Curnow, “This series will allow a closer look at those adored ponies (and creatures) while maintaining the fun, adventure and humor of our other MY LITTLE PONY comic books. If you like buddy comedies, this is the comic for you!”

 “My hypothesis is that everyone has two Ponies: one that reflects their actual personality, and one that they aspire to be,” says Michael Kelly, Hasbro’s Director of Global Publishing. “I’m pretty sure this new series is all the proof I need. The only question is, will your two Ponies be featured?”

The first pony pairing will feature the loveable Applejack and Pinkie Pie in “The Pie’s The Limit” by two noted authors, Alex de Campi and Carla Speed McNeil.  When these two ponies enter a baking contest they will learn more than just what it means to be the best at something but also what it means to be a friend.

“My daughter (3 years old) and I are both huge fans of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic animated series,” says writer Alex de Campi, “It's a delight and an honour to be briefly allowed to be custodians of these wonderful characters -- especially my daughter's favourite pony, Pinkie Pie.”

“Working with the MY LITTLE PONY brand is very satisfying,” says Carla Speed McNeil, “The characters are so well conceived that a writer can deal any set of ‘cards’ and make a great story, and so well designed that they're endlessly versatile while remaining loads of fun to draw. It's definitely the show I wish I'd had when I was a kid!”

Alex de Campi works in various art mediums from film to comics and is known for her work on IDW’s Smoke, which was nominated for the 2005 Eisner for Best Limited Series.

Carla Speed McNeil is a multiple Eisner Award nominated writer and artist, best known for her science fiction comic series Finder.

No comments :

Post a Comment